Woke up to more continuous rain. Now I’m not complaining – here in Southern California we need every blessed drop. But it does reflect the mood around these parts…
Looks like we’re going to be social distancing in order to stop the spread of the Coronavirus.
No more large gatherings. No more flying in and out of California. Probably will miss my niece’s baby shower. My nephew’s birthday.
My father and mother-in-law are on lockdown. Old people are at the greatest risk. And senior centers and nursing homes are hotbeds of viral transmission. That mini flu that took our whole family down last month originated in my mother-in-law’s nursing home.
No more hugs. No more handshakes. Keep six feet away from everyone.
There’s been a run on toilet paper – thank goodness for our bidet – and that we just stocked up before the panic hit.
I’m Italian from a big family and always have a stocked pantry and freezer. What if we get guests? I’ve got to feed them. And they’ll need to use the loo…
Gotta find some humor in this…
And some kind of spiritual message.
Yes, everything has a message – even a microbe. So what message is this virus bringing?
Corona means crown.
Our crown chakra – the one on the top of our head associated with the pineal gland – is believed to give us access to higher states of consciousness. Is the Coronavirus reminding us to evolve from our lower states of consciousness of fear and survival through competition?
It’s interesting that this virus affects the lungs. Breath in Latin is spiritum or spirit. It’s believed that spirit resides in your breath. Giving up the ghost = taking your last breath.
So I believe this virus is reminding us to fully embody (spirit within form) and connect to our divinity.
The Coronavirus seems to spare the very young. And science is not sure why.
I believe on a physiological basis – children’s immune systems are not overreacting to the virus which causes the pulmonary fibrosis that is killing the elderly. And their lungs are pretty pristine compared to those folks who’ve smoked or been exposed to pollution for 60 plus years.
And I believe children are already connected to higher levels of consciousness. Until we domesticate them to give up their imaginary worlds – little children are fine manifestors of their reality through sheer belief.
From a socioeconomic point of view- we are having to hunker down to prevent transmission of this virus – forced to be still, stop consuming, stop polluting. China’s air pollution cleared up in their two months of lockdown.
So for those of us here in America who are starting to hunker down – what shall we do with our lone time?
I plan to write. And write and write. And dive deeper into myself.
How have I disconnected from my higher self in my need to survive? I’ve been so busy that I’ve forgotten to nurture my divine connection. It’s like forgetting to water the plants and wondering why they’re wilting.
Can a deep reconnection through my breath to my higher states of consciousness help me move from surviving to thriving? I believe it will.
It’s worth a try.
Fortunately, I am able to take care of my patients as I’ve been practicing telemedicine for over twenty years. I’m only a phone call away. Video conferencing makes for an even more intimate connection.
And I can reach my customers and audience through my writing. Banking on wisdom pouring forth…
I’m not afraid of the Coronavirus. There’s no need to panic. Good handwashing and social distancing will protect us. Besides fear cripples our immune system. Gratitude and particularly laughter strengthens it.
So I’m grateful for this opportunity to take stock of what’s really important. To help guide others through this enforced shift. To practice reconnecting until spirit is so fully embodied that my very breath is a blessing.
If I can heal from afar, I can love from afar. Distance is irrelevant to spirit. My blessings of love and light pass through space and time to be received by those who are open.
So take a conscious breath. I’m sending love and light your way.
Here are some things you can do to take care of yourself during this time:
- Shortness of breath
- 91% of cases are mild
- Over 50 deaths per day – to put it in perspective there’s over 1000 deaths per day from influenza
- Most fatalities are elderly men with underlying chronic health conditions
- Through respiratory droplets (from infected person coughing or sneezing)
- From contact with contaminated objects – then you touch your face, eyes, mouth
VIRUS IS VIABLE FOR
- 3 hours in the air
- 24 hours on skin, clothing, wood, cardboard and other porous surfaces
- 72 hours on hard surfaces like glass, metal or plastic
Reference for live updates: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Best ways to protect yourself:
WASH YOUR HANDS & DON’T TOUCH YOUR FACE
- Washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds can get virus off your skin
- Washing hard surfaces with 10% bleach solution will kill the virus
- Launder clothes in soap and water
- Social distancing helps prevent transmission of coronavirus
- Social distancing means:
- Keeping 6 feet away from others
- Not going to crowded places
- Not attending large gatherings (which is why events are cancelled and schools are closing)
BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM
- Get enough sleep
- Your immune system is most active at night while you’re in deep sleep
- To make enough melatonin to get the deepest most protective sleep be sure:
- To avoid digital screens after dusk
- To sleep in the dark – no light exposure at all
- That your room is cool between 60-67 degrees
- Eat a colorful antioxidant rich diet
- Lots of fruits and vegetables
- Fresh is best but frozen is fine
- Support your hypothalamus
- Your hypothalamus controls your immunity
- Genesis Gold provides your hypothalamus what it needs to function optimally