You make it Italian style and use ricotta cheese. This is my newest low sugar gluten-free recipe.
Italian Chocolate Cheesecake:
2 lbs whole milk ricotta
1/2 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup agave syrup
1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Mix all ingredients well. I mix by hand. It’s a good arm workout! But you can use a mixer. (I prefer as few cooking implements as possible- less to clean!)
- Pour batter into greased cheesecake pan
- Sprinkle about 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (or almond slices or both!) on top of cake
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes until cake is set.
- Let cool completely. Enjoy!
If there’s any left, store covered in refrigerator.