– Eleanor Roosevelt
Feed your Body Well
- Enjoy Your Food—what we tell our body becomes reality.
- Learn to love Produce. Colorful fruits and vegetables provide many phytonutrients including anti-oxidants that help your body decrease inflammation which ages it rapidly.
- Get adequate protein for your lean body mass. Protein is lost as you age. Amino acids are the building blocks for all life — your muscles, bones, and organs, hormones, neurotransmitters, and immune factors, and especially all the enzymes that catalyze every bodily function. And essential amino acids come from protein!
- Eat healthy fats. Especially omega 3 fatty fish. Olive oil, nut oils, coconut oil, flax, and hemp seed oils, avocados provide good fats for healthy cell function and adequate hormone production.
- Drink red wine. One of the most powerful antioxidants, this super anti-aging food is enjoyed by the Mediterranean people who have some of the best ratings of health and longevity in the world.
- Eat only whole grains — go sparingly on the refined grains and flours and especially processed foods which are stripped of nutrients.
- Cleanse your body with Veggies — Stop fasting and start fueling your metabolism.
Exercise your Body Joyfully
- Exercise at least 3-5 times per week. Aerobic exercise (activity that makes you breathe hard) can slow the aging process by stimulating mitochondrial growth and activity. At the cellular level, age is a process of declining energy production. And energy comes from abundant, healthy functioning mitochondria.
- Be active all day to avoid the “sitting disease”. Sitting more than a couple of hours a day is associated with diabetes, heart disease, poor sleep, and cognitive decline.
- Grow a Garden. Gardening is a physical activity that provides exercise, connection with the earth and homegrown produce!
- Walk everywhere you can. Depend less on motorized transportation and more on the perfect vehicle of your body.
- Carry your own stuff. Upper body strength can be built and maintained as you age by continuing your daily activities.
Take care of your Brain
- Play games. Cards and other memory games can increase memory and attention.
- Engage with other people. Regular social interaction, especially with people of different ages, stimulates your brain.
- Take a class. Learning a new skill increases attention, memory, and problem-solving abilities.
- Mind over Matter. If you believe you will age poorly, your body will manifest age-related decline.
- Antioxidants to help your cells clean house.
- Omega 3’s to protect against inflammation.
- Digestive aides to help assimilate nutrients from the foods you eat.
- Probiotics to keep your gut healthy.
- Super greens to provide your body with extra phytonutrients.
- Amino acids to provide the building blocks for healthy brain function and rebuild tissues.
- Plant based vitamins and minerals that are activated and easily absorbed.
And to help you simplify your supplement regime, I created Genesis Gold which has all the anti-aging micronutrients to help you age more gracefully.
To your long healthy life!
Love and Light,
Deborah Maragopoulos MN FNP
Intuitive Integrative Health