Hormonally Challenged is the term I coined to mean your hormones are out of balance.
As early as the mid 30’s most American women experience a significant decline in adrenal function. Remember, the adrenals need progesterone to make the stress hormone cortisol. So the stress of living our fast paced lives affect our female hormones drastically.
By age 40, most women have an 80% decline in progesterone levels. As progesterone declines, estrogen becomes dominant leading to PMS, heavier periods, uterine fibroids, fibrocystic breasts, anxiety and depression.
By age 50, most women have a 50% decline in estrogen levels. Low estrogen leads to loss of bone, hair, and nails, dry skin, mouth, eyes and vagina, less collagen formation leading to wrinkles, memory loss, hot flashes, night sweats, loss of bladder control, constipation and insomnia.
When estrogen first drops, more testosterone is left unbound which increase androgenic effects like acne and unwanted hair growth. But after menopause, most women experience a significant decrease in testosterone levels leading to bone and muscle loss, lack of motivation and low libido.
So what are women to do? Well you have a few options:
• Do nothing and let nature takes its course. If you are like the rest of American women, you can expect an accelerated rate of metabolic aging in all body systems including: cardiovascular, brain, skeletal, endocrine, muscles, skin, and immune.
• Use herbal remedies for symptomatic control. Black cohosh and soy may give mild but short lived relief from hot flashes but do not fight the metabolic aging factors. In fact, soy has several negative effects including inhibition of thyroid production.
• Use traditional pharmaceutical drugs for hormone replacement. BUT the Women’s Health Initiative (WHI) found that synthetic hormones caused a 26-percent increased risk of breast cancer, 29-percent increased risk of heart attack, 41-percent increased risk of stroke, and double the risk of blood clots.
• Use Bio-Identical Hormones to achieve hormone balance. Bio-identical means just like what your body makes. These hormones are not synthesized in the laboratory but derived from either the Mexican yam or from soybeans.
• Use therapeutic nutrition to balance your hormones. It is entirely possible to achieve hormonal balance and age gracefully by supporting the hypothalamus. This is how Genesis Gold® can help you get your life back.